Saturday, February 16, 2013

The New Rules of Resolution

There's a sermon series I just finished listening to from Steven Furtick, Pastor of Elevation Church, that I absolutely had to pass on. I only have a few moments, but I wanted to do so before I forget because it's just sooo good. It's called "The New Rules of Resolution: Five Facts that Change the Way We Change." If I can summarize it in the minute that I have, it's about how to live the Christian life successfully.  The answer in a nutshell, which relates to one of my recent entries, is in "embracing the now" that God has placed you in (like, right now, lol). The theme passage of the series is Colossians 2: 6-7:

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

The five facts from the series (also preached in five weeks), involved what I thought were profound statements about maximizing the Christian life:

Fact 1: It’s not a project, it’s a process.
Fact 2: It’s not achieving, it’s receiving.
Fact 3: It’s not trying, it’s training.
Fact 4: It’s not a competition, it’s a calling.
Fact 5: It’s not what you would [do], it’s what you can [do].

If you are feeling at all down about some aspect of walking with Jesus, may not be now but want to have another weapon in your arsenal for when you are, or just want another way to meditate on the things of God (I hope at least one of those categories includes you!), check out these messages! You can either click here, or download them on iTunes: Elevation Church, Charlotte, NC>The New Rules of Resolution (Jan. 5, 2013 – Feb. 2, 2013).

Happy Listening!

No comments: