Wednesday, March 14, 2012

GOODIES

I just wanted to pass on a few good resources that I’ve been meditating on recently...

“LOVE BIRDS”

This is a 5-part message series from my pastor on pitfalls in marriage that both married and single people should avoid. The premise is that two people who were originally “love birds” can enter a marriage and become “angry birds.” He addresses 15 landmines, or pitfalls, such as the Desperation, Finance and Romance Traps, and provides practical, godly solutions for avoiding or overcoming each. The series offers hope for married and single people alike.

"Love Birds," which we just ended this past Sunday, has been loads of fun at our church too – we had a set design based on the popular “Angry Birds” game - complete with game characters, and we had people dressed up in angry bird costumes (I personally had never played the game – I generally don’t do games – but it was cool learning about it through planning for the series with our creative team!).

Both the sermon notes and the messages are available here. Or, you can get the sermons on iTunes, Podcasts > The Bridge DC > Love Birds, Parts 1-5.

“WORSHIP,” PART 5

This is a great message on worship from Miles McPherson, Pastor of The Rock Church in San Diego. I like the whole five-part series, but for me this message in particular, "Worship as a Weapon," really captured the meaning of exalting God. I think it’s especially useful for evaluating whether we are truly, authentically worshipping God for who He is.

You can access the Part 5 message here and the whole series here, or on iTunes, Podcasts > The Rock Church - Weekend Messages (Miles McPherson) > Worship.

"GREY MATTER," PART 2

Another message series, this one from Pastor Steven Furtick of Elevation Church on what to do in situations when the voice of God does not seem clear. This never ceases to be a hot topic in Christian circles! Another very practical message. It's titled "Beat the Devil...Meet the Press" (you'll have to listen to get it, lol). You can do so here, or download on iTunes, Podcasts > Elevation Church: Charlotte, NC > Grey Matter, Part 2.

JAMIE GRACE CD

I’ve been killing this CD called One Song at a Time by contemporary Christian artist Jamie Grace. I saw it for months at the Christian bookstore before I finally decided to get it, and I’m glad I did!

One Song at a Time is comprised of catchy songs on themes such as loving God and others, identity and self worth, and waiting. I am no musician, but from what I gather, her sound can be described as pop-folk-soul. Right now my favorite tracks are “Show Jesus” (although I take slight issue with one line), on doing just that, and "You Lead," about trusting God with your life. I also give a nod to “God Girl” for my teen girls group (it has a timely “facebook” reference in particular!). The song “Hold Me” (featuring Toby Mac, for those familiar), is also a hit on Christian charts.

MUNCH!

Colossians 3:2 says that we should set our minds on things above, not on earthly things. Thank God for the many sweet ways that we can digest His truth!

4 comments:

diamondintheruff said...

Thank you Seyi.

diamondintheruff said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
diamondintheruff said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Titi Funtó said...

Hi! Those messages sound cool!Thanks. I also like Jamie-Grace's album and actually waited for it to come out. "Show Jesus", "You lead" are also my favorites. "Hold me" is a sweet one. I'm curious though as to what line in "Show Jesus" bothers you. Again, thanks for sharing!

TellTheWorld