Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Goodbye Blog, Until the Next Holiday...

I am saying bye to my blog—for at least a few months. Earlier this week, as I said farewell to the wonderful people I worked with during my internship, I realized I have a list of things I meant to do this summer to prepare for the fall that I've barely touched. I've been having too much fun, and now I have to get focused...that means less internet-induced distractions: less blogging (although I haven't done so that much recently--it's more the mindset), less chatting, less email, less evenings out--less everything but my fall "To Do" list. (sigh) And I had so much more to say...But again, it is still summer, so if you know me, you'll still see me around...

I may unload on this page once in awhile, but as of now I'm decommissioned until December. But before I end this post for real-for real, I have to reflect on what I've learned this summer about God, myself and others. I'll get a little personal, if I may...

WHAT I'VE LEARNED
I've learned that good friendships weather time and distance, and are to be treasured. From my internship, I’ve learned how important it is for teens-especially young girls--to understand what a good relationship is, so they know to settle for nothing less...I've been reminded how blessed I am to have a drama-free family...that sometimes I shouldn’t go shopping when I have no income, even if there’s a really good sale...that by the time I'm forty, I may need to be tube-fed for lack of food that meets my diva standards... But most importantly, I've learned that sometimes I need to be reminded to let God be enough. I can't always plan, I can't always know, I can't always do, I can't always see beyond what's in front of me. It's a lesson I think I'll be learning my entire life, and one I hope you remember too.

...so until the next time, however long it may be...I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer, and are reminded that whether life brings laughs, sadness, joy or pain, only one person (to take away the mystery--God) knows what will happen next, and for that reason, He deserves all of me, and all of you...I know that was very Hallmark, very Kumbaya---but that's just me: I love a poignant, heartfelt word...Anyway, I'm officially signing off...

No comments: