Monday, April 28, 2008

COLLAGE OF WORSHIP

I can't live without Christian Music, as I shared recently. It's been especially uplifting the last three years during law school. There are so many songs that God's used to elevate my praise during the high times; help me through shaky times; get me worshipping during other times. As a memorial, I've taken some of the words that have meant the most to me and mixed them all together to create a collage with words. As I've also said, I'm no poet, so it's not going to be that kind of word art. However, it does tell the story of how God has shown Himself faithful and worthy (of everything I have--and so much more. For the most part, each line--or each ellipses--indicates words from a new song. It's my story...'hope you're blessed by it

Along life’s road, there will be sunshine and rain; roses and thorns; laughter and pain
But if that’s what it takes to praise you, Jesus bring the rain

I keep trying to find my way, but all I know is I’m lost without you –
I’ve been righteous in my own eyes; evidently I’ve been blind.
Speak to my heart and change my life, manifest yourself in me.

If I fix my eyes on you, won’t you show me what to do…I’ll always stand for you.

I have decided that my goal is to give you soul control;
Every time you arrive, let me heart be open, ‘cause it’s you I put my hope in.

Your love is nothing less than incredible
All of you is more than enough for all of me;
Make my heart your home.

God said “yes,” when I said “Take my life,” God said “yes,” when I asked to be used.
Oh you set my spirit free and you cared so faithfully!
I’m living under the kiss of heaven, and I’ll never ever be the same again.

Most Holy Lord, You have my devotion
No other One, there is just no other like you –
I could search for all eternity, Lord, and find there is none like you.

I just want to touch your heart, Lord, touch your heart;
I’m not satisfied to do church and walk away!

I’ve been blind, but now I see: What other man would give His life for Me?
When they pierced you side, you just hung bled and died—you didn’t have to do it, but I’m glad you did

What is man that you should even care?
Thank You, Lord; hallelujah, I’m grateful for all my blessings.
I bow my head in worship, for who you are
Completely, unashamed…I give you my heart, unrestrained.

Life may push my heart to the limit, but I won’t let go of the joy in my soul:
I want to live with a fearless heart, courage that’s coming from trusting God
It’s constantly guiding me though the road may seem dark

Yes, I believe; He’ll be there down every road, you will never walk alone
Just believe and know and keep His Word, that’s all He asks of you
Be faithful in what He’s called You to and now that He will see you through.

No comments: