Thursday, July 05, 2007

UNTITLED

My recent entries (minus the news articles) have been on the serious, reflective side. I can’t help it; I just write what’s on my mind, and that’s been the trend. I wanted to change the tone this time, but I can’t. What I can do is go from solemn to sappy...

I’ve been down the last few days. Yes, I’m known as a happy-go-lucky person, but of course that doesn’t mean I don’t get depressed. People disappoint me. Events rattle me. Thoughts defeat me…But in the midst of my woes, God always finds a way to pull me up before too long. This time He used a call from a friend whom I hadn’t seen in a while. It showed me how blessed I’ve been this summer. I’ve strengthened existing friendships, made new ones, tried new things...all while being reminded to give the worries to Him. It feels good to let go…

I’ve always been better at giving than receiving; it comes naturally for me to give, and I love it. I’m so used to being the giver that I have to reprogram myself to let someone else in. It’s one of my biggest challenges. But as my awareness of this flawed gift increases, I've begun to fight not to let it overtake me. It helps when I get a reminder of how I need others—like a phone call. Thanks, buddy.

No comments: